Sunday, April 14, 2024

A pair of M3s and More

Along with the two M10s, I was also short two M3s for the Stolberg Corridor campaign game.  I took my time, but they are now ready for the next session (coming soon).

While tempting to go for uniformity,
I went for variety.

Late War

Mid War

But wait, there's more...

The Zvedza scout car was damaged in the previous game, 
or rather it proved too delicate 
for the rough and tumble of the table top: 
its wheels fell off.  
So, it was best to base it.

These next lot of models are Peter Pig and were part of a collection acquired from Dave.  I've just done a little work on the basing and an odd bit of painting here and there.

Just painted the canvas tilts.

And the little straps.

Brrrm!

Interesting to contrast this M3 with the Battlefront one.
Personally, I have a soft spot for the Airfix halftrack.

I did repaint this Sherman and applied decals/transfers.
As with the two M3s,
applying the transfers
is the hardest part.

This guy certainly feels the part, being solid metal.
Again, brings back memories of the Airfix Sherman.


2 comments:

  1. The M3 models and their passengers look good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. The crew really seem to make the vehicle come alive. I used to avoid putting in crews on my 1/76th scale models, but now take the opposite view and add where I can.

      Delete