Sunday, August 27, 2023

Dragon Molars

These are Dragon's Teeth for the Stolberg Corridor scenario/mini campaign game I am developing for Rommel.  When I did my original research I was sure I saw some square Dragon's Teeth and having found some little cubes suitable for the 15mm scale I thought way to go.  Now I can't find the refence and see only pointy Dragon's Teeth.  It is possible the Swiss used square blocks, but I am at the stage of whatever.  



The cubes were secured to plastic bases (cut from old CD cases) using PVA glue and then covered with plaster.  Black paint, grey paint and a dry brush of some more grey paint (that doesn't seem to show) and then a brown base and a dump of static grass and I reckon they will do nicely.

Interestingly they show no adverse affects from having been varnished, in sharp contrast with the test strip I did at the same time (and will keep for a separate post).


4 comments:

  1. Concrete cubes were used in England in WWII as beach defences and the like.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very effective scratch building.

    ReplyDelete