Friday, May 5, 2023

109 grams of Soviet artillery

I'm going with Battle Front as the gun model manufacturer, but the crews are mostly Command Decision (and I was short a few figures, but then any more on the base and it would look crowded - the extra crew are off somewhere loading ammo).

But crew shortage is not the problem here.  It is climate change!  It is late Autumn here in Perth, WA and the weather is unseasonably and wonderfully warm, not that I'm complaining.  Normally I spray varnish my models in the morning, but as it is rather damp these days (in keeping with the season, morning dew etc) I went with spraying later in the day.  I didn't appreciate how warm it was.  Now my models have a nice layer of dust, which thankfully looks rather effective.




I was able to scrub off some of the dust on the trail leg,
but the rest wouldn't budge.
Making the best of a bad situation, 
the clear spot represents where some of the crew have been sitting
and in shuffling about wiped it clean.

Anyway, I think these are 122mm Howitzers, Model 1938.

2 comments:

  1. It looks like the varnish has reacted with the paint. Was it dull cote? That stuff messes up a lot of models.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does, but I am sure t is due to spraying when the temperature was too high. My bad. The varnish I use is Vallejo Matt.

      Delete