Wednesday, December 7, 2022

Barbarossa - The first combats

As with most games there are special first turn "invasion rules" and variations to standard play.  This game is no different, made slightly complex as these rules have changed between editions.  Luckily we picked these up before the dice started rolling (and luckily for me it was easy to rectify - in Army Group South only those units near the border could move - the others were still reforming after their return from their trip to Greece).

Army Group North

Army Group Centre

Army Group South
Note: The Romanians are yet to enter the war






6 comments:

  1. Wow, and I thought Blitzkreig was a monster game..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This monster is hard to do justice to with the images I have taken. I need to keep experimenting.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. They were taken using natural light and phone camera flash. I will have to play around with that. Interesting, looking at the images on my phone they seem a lot brighter. I know for the blog post I compressed them so that might be an issue. Time to experiment!

      Delete
  3. Yep the resolution is poor - you cannot read the counters

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The images are rubbish. I have made a new post using the original photos. Using Chrome and clicking on the image and then clicking again brings up the full picture, larger than life. You would even be able to see the buttons on the uniforms (if they were printed on the counters). https://onesidedminiaturewargamingdiscourse.blogspot.com/2022/12/barbarossa-first-combats-now-in-hi-res.html

      Delete