Thursday, September 29, 2022

Dacians versus Late Imperial Romans (East)

Almost a perfect match up.  John and Brad faced my Dacians.  Would they (the Romans) be lucky?  No.

This is what the Romans saw

The Dacians were out scouted, but didn't care.
The Romans had a plan,
the Dacians didn't,
so nothing could not go according to plan!

A very cautious start.
The Roman plan was immediately obvious.
Luckily the Dacians had placed the troops best able to counter it.

The Dacian chieftain faces the Roman General.
The Dacian archers keep up a steady fire. 

The Dacians charge the Roman cavalry
Being FL they had the range,
particularly when the Romans closed.

The Dacians defeat the Roman cavalry
Thanks to a bit of luck

The Dacian warriors are having a hard time of it

A very hard time,
but the Romans came off worse.
Phew!


5 comments:

  1. Planning to charge in and roll high! my favourite. 😁

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly! I recall from the old WRG days the expression used to be "and hope to throw up."

      Delete
  2. I think it was Tacitus who said that if the Dacians ever got their act together, they could conquer the world.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I must admit my knowledge of the Dacians is limited. However I have found a scenario for a battle between them and the Romans in 87AD that I hope to adapt for Great Battles with Basic Impetus.

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete