Friday, April 12, 2019

Nikephorian Byzantine versus Sassanids

Our last encounter was almost six months ago (see here).  Mark B, still tired, was the attacker this time, going with an aggressive deployment.

 Deployment.

Turn one and casualties start immediately. 

 On my left my light cavalry cleaned out the enemy skirmishers,
but at significant cost.
However on the right my light cavalry have been very successful.

 Turn three and both armies are being overlapped on their left flanks.
It might well be a race to see who can capitalise on this first.

 My general made a very successful charge taking out the enemy centre.
The massed fire power of my legions removed the threat from the enemy elephants.

Victory!


 The view from the other side.

Saint Zoe leads my army to victory again.
I'm a believer!

1 comment:

  1. Excellent report Mark and the photo by photo exploits make this very, very informative. Well done mate and commiserations to Biko!

    ReplyDelete