Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Camel Jam

Tonight we had an encounter between three Fokkers flown by Steves and three Camels flown by Marks.

I had command of the green spot and clear spot planes.

Two of the enemy in sight.  A third enemy plane took a wrong turn...

The first pass

The missing enemy plane

Second pass.  Guns jamming but damage adding up all the same.

My lead Camel gets a kill, just as the red Fokker shows up

The next kill goes to Mark B's Camel.  Both Stephen N's planes are now down.  It looks bad for the red Fokker, but most of the Camels have jammed guns - Camel jam!

A short time later the red Fokker does for Mark B's plane.

Then my lead plane finishes off the red Fokker.  Both my planes had little damage.

My very unofficial leaderboard


6 comments:

  1. Very cool. I would suggest that here is an illustration of one of the things I've found with X Wing - you really need all guns to bear on the first pass.

    Good stuff!

    Nick

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. Very true. One thing I should have mentioned that if we have head on attacks but the bases overlap we still allow a close range shot. That made a difference in this game, however it helped that there were three on two for the first part of the encounter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So it was you that killed the "Red Baron"! ;-D
    Great pictures and battle report! Thanks for sharing!

    Greetings
    Peter

    ReplyDelete
  4. Excellent! Love these pictures, a great looking game!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like a great game! I love your terrain map! It adds a lot to the pictures... where did you get it? Or did you make it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These are the standard Wings of Glory mats. There are three of them, country, city and coast. I was a bit disappointed that the mat for Sails of Glory was not up to the same standard or compatible.

      I agree, these mats really make the game.

      Delete