Finished! Well, one packet anyhow. I agonised over how to base them and finally settled on FOW medium sized stands of four figures and FOW small sized stands for pairs and singles. The singles I want as platoon commanders for Crossfire.
The next decision was what scenic material to use. I ended up using premixed plaster of the type I use when doing odd jobs around the house. It worked really well and took the Tamiya Flat Earth XF52 paint easily. I then used watered down PVA glue and sprinkled sand over it. Next I did a patchy dry brush of Vallejo Stone Grey and finally a sparse sprinkle of some yellowish flock before adding the odd bit of scrub.
Based, but before sand applied: