Monday, September 11, 2023

Swedish Command Stands for Napoleon's Battles

I think I started work on these early 2021.  They represent the command stands needed for the Swedish Corps in the Army of the North commanded by Bernadotte at Leipzig.

Finished - they will not be varnished!

Bernadotte with Prussian and Russian advisors/minders.
I like the Prussian figure who is busy using his language guide
so he can tell Bernadotte to get on with it.

Russian pointing to the enemy while Bernadotte looks the other way.

Divisional generals.
I ended up using British command figures as I had plenty of them
and my limited research indicated rather ordinary campaign wear.

You can tell they are Swedish by the colour of the plumes on their hats,
but just in case every base has some yellow flowers,
which I hope will avoid confusion.

Corps commander receiving a message

I am not sure he wants it.


2 comments:

  1. Clever staging, good choice on color to represent the Swedish Army.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I was stuck on the blue for a good while. The saddle cloths are VJ Dark Blue while the generals' uniforms are VJ Dark Prussian Blue (I think - I really should write these things down). The Prussian officer is in VJ Prussian Blue. The black undercoat changes the colours a bit and I've also got into the habit of using a wash to darken colours.

      Then there is the issue of the blue as appears in the image is not necessarily how it looks on the table, or in various lighting conditions.

      Delete