Saturday, April 10, 2021

An Assortment of T26s

Given a model represents a reinforced company in Rommel I have felt no need to invest in conformity with my collection (and to tell the truth I am still in rebellion for all the years I was locked into the Tin Soldier Hellenistic range for my ancients - and still am in some, not all bad, ways).  So here we have four models, from three different manufacturers.  It helps that the T26 (to quote from Wikipedia):

"was produced in greater numbers than any other tank of the period, with more than 11,000 units manufactured. During the 1930s, the USSR developed 53 variants of the T-26, including flame-throwing tanks, combat engineer vehicles, remotely controlled tanks, self-propelled guns, artillery tractors, and armoured carriers. Twenty-three of these were series-produced, others were experimental models.

Two Zvedza kits - a treat as always.

A T26N artillery observation vehicle from Quality Castings. 
Assembling the radio antennae was a bugger.

Battlefront model which I wanted so I could have the crew figure on display.

Comparing the Battlefront and Zvedza models, 
with flash and without.


4 comments: