Tuesday, June 2, 2020

Trial of Strength - Turns 1 and 2

Despite being in Canberra when and where this game originated, I had never played it.  Richard had, but 30 years ago.  So we had a bit of a learning curve which always presents the risk of fighting the rules rather than playing the game.  But after two turns I thing I have the hang of it.

I'm the Russians again and it is interesting to contrast this game with World in Flames which was developed in the same city at the same time.

 Set Up for the 42 scenario,
a bit different to Stalingrad'42.

 A huge hole was smashed in the Soviet line,
but timely reinforcements filled it.

Turn 2 and the line is holding,
there was even a Russian counterattack.
However the Germans have broken out towards the Caucasus.

The game system is quiet unique with combat being part of movement and an ability for the enemy to react to combats.

4 comments:

  1. Oooooh that gives me a nostalgia pang!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that is certainly part of the attraction for my opponent.

      Delete
  2. It's a little bit easier to see what's going on...

    ReplyDelete