Tuesday, July 15, 2014

My first introduction to the NWS

When I was living in Canberra, my partner very much wanted to move to Perth (her home city).  I was reluctant.  One of the reasons I put forward might have been associated with wargaming.  As if on cue this article turned up.  It would be ten years ago, maybe longer.  We would need to know Carlo’s current age to accurately date it. 


Anyway, this article gave me strength in the knowledge that there was wargaming on the other side of Australia, Napoleonic wargaming as well, although the picture accompanying the article didn’t look like any Napoleonic game I’d ever seen.



2 comments:

  1. I love the comment about how he sat the girl down to tell her his secret!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Coming out as a wargamer. Back in the 80s I was given an introduction to a girl while I was on holiday, purely platonic, just someone to show me around London. I recall being told by the parents that I shouldn't mention I played with toy soldiers. I hope I didn't bore her with my knowledge of history or give myself away LOL

    ReplyDelete