Monday, March 3, 2014

Down In Smoke

While still mulling over counters/labels for Napoleon's Battles and my recent aborted attempts to model explosions, I thought I would have a go at making some smoke markers for Wings of Glory.  This was before I read this post: http://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/entry.php?268-How-to-make-and-paint-up-smoke-and-flames

I cut up one of my aforementioned explosion attempts (teddy bear stuffing spray painted black) and wrapped it around a black twist tie that happened to be handy.  I secured it with thread and good dollop of PVA glue and hung it up to dry.  Afterwards I added some more black paint and voila!


A more traditional view:


Hopefully that's the only time I will see my beloved Albatross going down in smoke.

A close up of my new smoke markers:


Maybe I can turn my hand to fly fishing next...

1 comment: