Wednesday, February 12, 2014

DBA Amongst Wings of Glory

Mark and I played about five games of Wings of Glory today in under three hours and still had time for a game of DBA.  The air duels went three to two in his favour, but in the last game my Spad got a kill against his Albatross when he drew the explosion card.  Ouch.

We thought it would be interesting to us the mat for a DBA game and my Burgundians fought his 100 Years War English for possession.  My right was going down and my left could not get into action, but in the centre a lucky roll by me killed his general.  We were both down two elements so loss of the general gave me the game.


I'm so used to playing DBA on a plane board that playing on the mat was a bit discombobulating.  It would probably go better with 5mm, but certainly served its purpose.

4 comments:

  1. Please write out 100 times, "I will not swear on my blog..."!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "discombobulating" is not a swearword :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I use discombobulating all the time ;o) anyway... I like the board map used for your DBA game.. great!

    cheers,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Phil. The mat worked well, but if it was to be a regular thing I would want to have some matching terrain pieces to put down. It might just be easier to create a dedicated mat (probably 800mm square for DBA 2.2+ and that would also mean I could do 700mm which was the size used at Cancon and 600mm for "classic" DBA 2.2.

      By the way, you have some impressive armies and notes on your blog!

      Delete