Pages

Monday, September 7, 2026

More Portuguese Infantry

More Old Glory stove pipe British repurposed as Portuguese.

With this unit I can make two 4 base brigades (16PtLN in Napoleon's Battles' terminology),
or a 5, 6 or 7 base brigade. 

 There are two casualty marker stands that I consider integral to the brigade.
It doesn't concern me that it lowers the figure count,
it's the number of bases that really matters.

The all-white facings represent Regiment No. 13 Peniche,
not that I feel bound by that.

Eagle eyes will have seen there is a surfeit of drummers.
Must be that the Old Glory purchase was one pack of infantry and one of command. 


2 comments:

  1. Quite excellent. Lovely shade of blue too.
    Best wishes, James
    (p.s. I was wondering about the stovepipe and have discovered that it replaced the barrentina, at least in some regts, later in the war. The fundamental things that one learns every day...)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I'm more into using up the figures I have rather than trying to get a perfect match on uniforms for a particular year. Given the scale of the figures and the vagaries of supply of the period, it doesn't pay to get too pedantic. It's all about the vibe.

      Delete