Pages

▼

Wednesday, October 7, 2026

The Almeria Infantry Regiment

Somehow, I had these figures and needing some Spanish infantry I thought it would be good to paint them up.  Rather than create a "perfect" unit, I decided to paint all the figures I had (hence two command stands, one of which is configured for taking a casualty marker).





It is amazing what you can do with a wash.  It has really brought out the detail and given these figures life.


5 comments:

  1. They look very nice; I really enjoyed doing my own Spanish Napoleonic army. I was going to ask the manufacturer, and then saw the Old Glory tag!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. I'm busy building forces for Vittoria, but obviously not too fussy about having the correct uniforms as long as the figures have at least some connection to the forces they represent.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. With the Spanish army of this era, who knows what uniform a unit was wearing on a given day? :-)

      Delete
  3. I like the tree stump for taking the casualty marker.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've gone through a few ideas. Aim is to reduce clutter, but also to make sure the casualties stay with the unit when it moves (as they often seem to get left behind for some reason).

      Delete